Make your children love milk
Calcium, which is the most important mineral for bone structure, is one of the basic building blocks of child development. In the first years of life, calcium taken with breast milk provides healthy bone development in children and protects from osteoporosis which may cause risk in later years. Calcium requirements of children before puberty is thought to be 800 mg per day. To meet this need; It is very important for children to gain the nutritional habits of milk and dairy products, which are the most important sources of calcium in the early period.
Regular physical activity is essential for bone health in children
In order to maintain bone health in childhood, taking vitamin D for life, especially during infancy, ensuring that vitamin D stores are sufficient for pregnant women, and ensuring that calcium intake is 1200-1500 mg / day, especially in the adolescent (9-18) age group. regular physical activity is required. For this purpose, nutrition of calcium-rich milk and dairy products should be emphasized in school programs and activities such as jumping, jumping, running and gymnastic movements should be included more in sports lessons.
Protein intake is important for healthy development of children
Protein plays an important role in the growth of children. In a balanced diet, it should be preferred that about 15% of the energy is protein-derived. The need for protein in children is not only necessary for the repair and reconstruction of tissues, but also for the growth and development of the body as in adults. Proteins are of great importance in cell growth and development, in strengthening the immune system, in the study of metabolism, and in the formation of muscle, bone and blood cells.
Take care of quality protein intake so that your child does not get sick often
Protein deficiency is most commonly seen in children between 6 months and 5 years of age, in which case growth stops and body weight begins to decrease. As the body's resistance decreases, the likelihood of developing diseases increases; illnesses last long and are severe. Protein deficiency is not only related to the amount of protein taken, but also the quality. Adults can meet their needs with low-quality vegetable protein; but good quality animal protein is essential for children. Since 90% of the brain development is completed by the age of 5, energy and protein deficiency in this period also affects the development of intelligence negatively. Since protein is essential for the production of blood cells and hemoglobin, protein deficiency can also lead to anemia.
Nutrient Amount of Protein Meets for Children:
· 1-3 years old children: 15-18 gr. the need for protein; 1 cup of milk or yogurt +1 matchbox cheese +2 meatballs up to chicken, meat, fish can be provided.
· 4-6 years old children: 20-25 gr. the need for protein; 1 cup of milk or yogurt +1 matchbox cheese +3 meatball up to chicken, meat, fish can be provided with.
· Children 7-9 Years: 26-38 gr. the need for protein; 2 glasses of milk or yogurt +2 matchbox cheese + 3-4 meatballs up to chicken, meat, fish can be provided with.
· 10-13 Years Old Girls: 39-45 gr. the need for protein; 2.5 cups of milk or yoghurt +2 matchbox cheese + 3-4 meatballs up to chicken, meat, fish can be provided with.
· 10-13 Years Old Boy: 39-60 gr. protein needs, 3 cups of milk or yogurt +2 matchbox cheese + 3-4 meatballs up to chicken, meat, fish can be provided with.