From the first day our baby is born, we will do our best to meet all his needs and ensure that he is well.
Babies cry because they can't speak, so they signal a problem, and we parents try to discover the problem. Although we cannot directly observe some of the problems that cause babies to cry, we may notice problems such as eye burring at first glance.
Eye burring is a very common problem in infants. Actually eye burring in infants It is caused by the work of the body's defense mechanism.
Although it is not usually caused by a very important reason, it is a condition that must be taken into consideration because it is both contagious and sometimes it can be a harbinger of very important problems.
Attention to Eye Blush Symptoms in Newborns!
Deburring around the eyelid, manifested by the formation of a yellowish and viscous liquid in the eye springs; is a more common problem in newborn infants than in older infants. Generally, there is no serious condition and it will heal in a short time with simple treatment methods.
Burring is most often caused by the germ catching the baby while passing through the vagina.
Therefore, doctors try to prevent possible problems by dropping protective drops to newborn babies as soon as they are born.
In rare cases eye burring in newborn babiesmay be a harbinger of sexually transmitted diseases, such as gonorrhea, which passes from the mother to the baby. Sexually transmitted diseases can be transmitted by blood and sexual intercourse from woman to man or from man to woman; can also pass from mother to baby with birth.If the cause of bruising is gonorrhea, permanent damage to the baby's eye may occur within a very short time. Therefore, if eye burring is seen in newborn babies, the baby should be taken to a specialist physician immediately and the treatment given by the doctor should be started as soon as possible.
Causes of burr formation in infants
Burrs in infants occurrence is a very common problem and is generally not very important. If a situation is very common in a society, it does not seem to be a serious problem. The burr in babies is exactly the same.
Although it is not usually a very serious problem, it can sometimes be a harbinger of very serious health problems. Here are the conditions that can cause burr formation in babies;
- One of the most common causes of burring, especially in newborn infants, is that the tear glands are clogged when they are born. Tears that cannot flow through the tear ducts cause a yellowish and sticky liquid formation in the ducts as a result of congestion.
- From mother to baby during childbirth Herpes virus infection is also one of the causes of burr formation in infants.
- It is one of the reasons that newborn babies get germ during birth and when they pass through the birth canal. This problem can be easily treated with eye drops.
- Bacterial or viral infections is also one of the causes of burring in infants. It can be treated in a short time.
- It is also a common problem in infants who stay in closed and crowded environments for a long time. Many people stand together in an indoor environment. Humans can catch bacteria or viruses from their bad weather environment and infect airway diseases through the air, causing burring germs can also infect.
- Bacterial and virus-related diseases in infants caught weakened immune system. In infants with weakened immune system; pinking and blush formation can be seen in the eyes.
Is Eye Burr Contagious?
Deburring is usually a problem caused by infection from bacteria or viruses, so it is contagious. Microbes that cause eye infections can easily be transmitted by air or contact. Therefore, close contact with infected people, whether adults or infants, should not be made.
Towels, sheets, duvets and other items of the sick person should not be used by someone else and should be personal. If the mother has a burr, close contact with the baby should not be necessary. Infected environment should not be left closed, frequently ventilated.Infected people should not make their hands come in contact with their eyes and should not rub and irritate with their hands when the eyes itch.
Because the contact of the hands with the eye can cause the germs in the hands to spread to the eye and the irritation of the eye to the other parts of the body.
What is good for eye burring in children?
In babies who have burr problems in their eyes, there is often a yellowish and sticky liquid in the eye springs. Increasing the amount of this fluid, which is an ugly appearance when looked at, may cause the baby's eyelids to stick together. Your baby may not be able to open the eyelids, especially if that sticky liquid does not get cleaned and dries on the eyelids.
The baby may rub off with his hands uncomfortable with his burring eyes, and then infect other parts of his body with his hands. Therefore, in case of eye burring in infants and children, the baby's eyes should be carefully cleaned and What is good for eye burring in children, you need to know it well;
- Tear blockage caused by tears is usually treated with eye drops containing antibiotics.
- Eye drop treatment usually results within 1 week. Rarely, eye burrs that do not heal with drop treatment may be indicative of obstruction in the tear ducts. Obstruction of the ducts should be removed by medical intervention.
- You can easily soothe simple burrs with your own herbal solutions. It is known that plants such as swallow and chamomile are good for eye burring in children. Swallow tea or brew chamomile chamomile juice and cotton It may be useful to clean the eye with gentle wiping.
Of course, as with all herbal methods you will apply, you should always seek the advice of your specialist doctor before applying these recommendations.
When Should I Take My Baby To An Ophthalmologist?
Often caused by infection, eye irritation or an allergic reaction. eye burring in infantsRarely, it may result from a more serious condition. Therefore, when your baby wakes up when you see a yellowish and sticky liquid around eyelids or eyelids; do not connect this to the fact that the baby has just woken up from sleep or has slept too much.
When burrs are seen in newborn babies, After the 6th month In case of burring problems exceeding two days, you should take babies to a doctor.
Eye burring in infants whether or not seen, must be taken to eye diseases until 1 year of age. Whatever the problem, early diagnosis is very important for every disease. Every problem that is diagnosed early provides faster and more effective treatment.
Therefore, if you want to have a healthy future for both your baby and yourself, you should not ignore the discomfort.